Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Items to Bring

Hello everyone. So, I have a list of items I am supposed to bring to my orientation in December and there are two items that I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for.

The first is fun ice breakers, ideas, and/or games for the kids(we'll be working with kids it seems), and for the volunteer group to use in our gatherings. (though I love bang the bucket, I don't want broken people to be my contribution to the group. I would say the same for buck-buck, though that is mainly because I don't want to play. OH! but that does remind my of Big Booty! I am bringing that one down!)

The second is to bring 25 small souvenirs from your state or region to share with the other volunteers and participants. Please make it small and inexpensive.

With Erin's help we've come up with souvenirs that could have something to do with cherries, snow, apples, or maple syrup. I still don't have any specific ideas though. (no, I haven't thought about it terribly hard or I might have something specific) Maybe I'll just bring apples. As you can see, I need some help. So, if you have any ideas or know of something really Michigany, I would love for you to tell me!

Peace! (please refer to current profile picture for 'peace' reference)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karina, (Sara here)
in regard to ice breakers don't forget:
I love my neighbor especially those....
(you could ask Kate Swanson, I'm sure she has some from the NET team.)
Michigan souvenirs: the Great Lakes are a big symbol of Michigan..not sure what you could do with that though. something with the bridge? smooth rocks native to Michigan? You could stop at sea shell city on your way home and see what kind of junk..opps, i mean treasures they have there. might give you some ideas. i'll get back to you if i get some type of genius idea.

Anonymous said...

hey karina,
i use ice breakers all the time in school. Just google the words ice breakers and you will get a million ideas. As for a souvenir, why not yooper bars and a post card of the mackinac bridge? great blogs.. look forward to reading more.
-melissa

Karina said...

Do you love your neighbor! Of course, how could I forget that game! And Yooper Bars! My mom also pointed that one out to me. Alright, Yooper Bars and post cards it is.

Thanks guys!