Friday, December 26, 2008

It's for Real

Not until tonight did it really hit me that I'm leaving home. When I packed up my apartment and moved everything home, it didn't hit me. I've been going through all those packed boxes to pull out what to pack for my trip to El Salvador, my room is littered with boxes and random items, it still didn't sink in. A bunch of my friends came over today and we spent the whole day playing games, catching up, laughing, and eating of course, and when they all got up to leave, it hit me.
Up to this point it has felt like Christmas break; I'm home, all my friends are home, we've gone snowshoeing, and my family opened gifts on Christmas Eve, just like Christmas break. This time, I'm not going back to Grand Rapids. I don't have a job there anymore. Everything I own is here. I'm going to Texas instead. Now I'm nervous.
Nonetheless, seeing all my friends from home today felt amazing! Thank you to all my friends, for supporting me, offering me assistance, praying for me, and loving me. It has meant the world and I am going to miss you all so much! I will do my best to stay in touch; I'll have this blog and now I have tons of stationary so I'll be writing home whole bunches.
I'm mostly packed for Texas. I booked the ticket to San Salvador for January 14th; 4 days should be enough time to pack for El Salvador when I get back from Texas. It will work. It will all work out in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you already!
-Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Hey Karina,
It will be fine... It's always scary to start over, but within a month I guarantee you will make new friends and start settling into your new life. You will blossom beautifully. Sorry I couldn't make it to your house... Craig's uncle is going to be okay. Thank GOD. Call me when you get back from Texas. We should go out for dinner or something. Luv u.

-Melissa