Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My First Presentation

And you all thought I was never going to post again.
Well, the thought had crossed my mind. But then last night happened. I gave my first presentation about my experience in El Salvador! Very exciting.

My dad scheduled me up to speak at the local Lions Club (of which he is a member) and I did last night.
I felt I had the information well organized and when I started talking it only took 3 minutes or so and the questions started coming. And that is how it went the rest of my talk; they asked a question and I answered. We did this for an hour.

When I wrapped up at the end, every point I had intended to cover had been hit by their questions, and then some! Their interest in the topic definitely encouraged me and I can't wait to present again. I even had an invitation from one member to present at another group he attends.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the next Lions Club board meeting results in a donation for the school!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting! As a fellow young missionary, I understand the excitement of sharing your experience with others! I look forward to learning more about you and your experiences!

Matt and Janelle said...

That is soooo awesome girl! keep it up, the energy is so adicting and exciting.

Karina said...

Thanks Whitney. Are you keeping an online journal of your experiences? Let me know.

You are so right Janelle. :)I did another presentation to Fr. Mike's junior high classes and plan on doing another for a friends classroom kids as well when I get back from Taiwan. It's great having an interested audience!