Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yesterday I told my boss I would be leaving at the end of December for a missionary trip. I can't say what I expected to happen, but I was nervous. Turns out I didn't need to be. He and our HR person both congratulated me and though they couldn't help thinking about everything that will need to be done as a result of my leaving (we are in the process of restructering the Marketing department - of which I am a part) they expressed their happiness for me!
So, that's exciting, cause now everyone will know I'm leaving in 2 months and when something goes wrong at work I can say, "I don't care, I'm leaving in 2 months!" Which won't be entirely true, cause I will care, but I can say I don't!
At any rate, the plan is to hire someone into my position who I will then get to train before I go. If they don't hire anyone, well, I still get to go. :)

Oh yeah, and I bought my plane ticket to San Antonio yesterday. Yea!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

All the little steps that get you where you want to go.
So are you going to dress up your blog at all or stick with the simple streamlined look?

Karina said...

Umm... I guess I haven't looked at all the options for my blog page. I'll have to explore this more.

Anonymous said...

Karina, Karina,
Yooper bars.
\ MOM