Thursday, August 20, 2009

No Door

I really wish I could get to my camera to take a picture of this. I was in my room writing a letter when Manuel came to put on the new doorknob. In order to do so he had to beat on the door a bit to get the last pieces of the old doorknob off. I continued to write my letter so didn´t notice that the beating actually caused the top part of the door to break off its rusted hinges. When Sor Olinda came in and started making funny comments that I should feel more secure if we just got rid of the door all together, I took a look. At this point, it´s so ridiculous it is funny. We had a good laugh about it and I said I could just hang a sheet up in place of a door.

Right now they are working with a torch type thingy (can´t remember what it´s called) to reconnect the door to its rusted hinge. Okay, works for me, just don´t take anything from my room please!

2 comments:

Erin O'Connor said...

a blow-torch?

you and doors/doorknobs/locks just don't get along. maybe you should live in a tent instead... ;)

Karina said...

At least I didn´t lock myself IN this time! Don´t get me started on zippers!

And yes, it was a blow torch!