Friday, July 10, 2009

Birds!

Oh, where have I been that I haven´t posted in 9 days! Oh, wait, I was at the beach. :) Happy days.
Well, I have a story for you. 2 weeks ago the Sister´s found a baby bird sitting on the ground in the school. Not just any baby bird, but the national bird. Poor guy couldn´t fly yet, so they picked him up, brought him to the house, and gave him a home in a box with newspaper, bread, and birdseed. Then, as chance would have it, the same day they discovered another baby bird, also the national bird! I think they´re siblings. So this other one also got a box, newspaper, bread and birdseed.

The little guys hunkered down and stared at us whenever we came by to observe. Quite cute. Off to the beach Solidea and I head. When we return, one little bird was dead. We mourned the loss and gave the carcass to the cats, then 2 days later, the second died as well.

Reminded me of when I found a baby bird on the ground with my friend Mike. We tried to take care of it, but failed. It died. Birds just aren´t easy to raise. I´m sure there´s some deep moral we can find in the story, but I´m going to leave that open to interpretation - I have to get to class!

No comments: