Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quick Conversation

This is my interpretation of a conversation Solidea had this week with a Sister we met through VIDES. After hearing her describe it, I wanted very much to write about it, and Solidea gave me the rights to exercise my creative license with her experience.

Sor: Hello Solidea!
Solidea: Hi Sor! (name unknown)
Sor: It´s so good to see you!
Solidea: You too. How are you?
Sor: Oh, I´m good. And you? It´s good to see you.
Solidea: Yes, I´m good. (awkward silence)
Sor: Well, it´s good to see you.
Solidea: Yeah. What are you doing here?
Sor: Yes, we are looking for ... (not sure). It´s good to see you.
Solidea: (pretty sure we´ve exhausted the use of that phrase) Okay, well, I´m going now.
Sor: Yes, yes, it´s been good to see you.
Solidea: (no, it hasn´t been good seeing you) Goodbye.

The End.

If you´re wondering about the depth of your relationship with someone, just talk to them and see if you can get past the conciliatory phrases!

No comments: