Friday, August 28, 2009

Dancing

Solidea is leaving very soon - next Wednesday! I am so very sad! On the plus side, the Interna´s wanted to put together a couple dances for her so I´m helping choregraph one and I get to dance as well. We´ve been dancing for the last hour or so and those girls are a hoot! We should dance everynight! (which we have been for the last week)

Since the second song is a mix of songs, there are 2 Michael Jackson songs, so I did the choreography for those since what the girls initially put together was terrible. As an example of one of the moves they used for the Thriller song, think of Tim Allen´s movie Galaxy Quest and how the aliens walked - that was a good chunk of their choreography. No worries, I have changed all that. The best part is teaching the moves to the girls. I borrowed a lot of the moves directly from the MJ videos and didn´t realize the girls have never done any moves like that before. Very funny to watch them try! Teaching them was a challenge, so I simplified most of the moves, but even walking to the beat has proven to be a challenge!

I can´t wait until Tuesday when we perform these for Solidea. Solidea will have her camera so there will be video (I told her to ¨be prepared¨ for Tuesday night, but it´s still a ¨secret.¨ Yeah, she already knows).

No comments: