Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Computer

I just arrived back from Guatamala yesterday and there was a surprise waiting for me in my room, or rather, it was not in my room. My computer is missing. Everything else on my desk is there, though wet due to the rain and smart me leaving my windows open. However, my computer is not.

Initially I thought one of the Sister´s opened the door and removed the computer when the rain started to keep it from getting wet (really bad rain storm they tell me!), but if one of the Sister´s had removed it they would have closed the windows, which were still open. And some of the students papers are smeared illegible by the rain.

I can´t ask all the Sister´s because most of them are away on retreat until Sunday. sigh. Really hope one of the Sister´s has it.

Another surprise is that another Sister is moving into the house. This means that there is some relocation going to happen because there are not enough bedrooms for everyone. The two girls who work and live here share a bedroom and are going to move to another building. Solidea and I are going to leave our room here at the school and take the room the girls had thus leaving our room open for the Sister. One of us will still be in the other room with the Interna´s. Because the Sister´s are going to clean the rooms this week and we are leaving tomorrow for El Tunco, we are switching rooms tomorrow, I will leave all my items in the hallway of the house, and when I get back on Sunday, move everything in to the new room.

I´ll be sure to talk about my travels in the next blog post.

1 comment:

Erin O'Connor said...

Oh crap! man, i hope you are able to track down your computer. i will pray to St. Anthony on your behalf.

I noticed the lack of posts but i couldn't remember where you were. i was thinking you were at the tunc. oddly, i didn't think to look at some of your older posts to see where you were. and now that you wrote that you were in guatemala. how was the trip?