Saturday, May 23, 2009

Celebrations!

Wow! What a couple of days! Yesterday we had a half day of classes and after noon the festivities began for the feast of Maria Mazzarella. First all the students went to one of two schools to share the feast day with them. I didn’t go to that – I hid away in my room and made a few phone calls. When everyone returned there was dancing with a band in the gymnasiam,


a rosary outside with a giant bonfire (I said a Hail Mary!),

then back into the gymnasiam for a quick prayer and more dancing.

That is the principle, Sor Margarita Guillen - she can dance!
Those girls are so much fun! Most everyone was dancing, including the teachers, and me, of course! Seeing the faces of the girls when they realized I knew how to dance was priceless, they got so excited.
Saturday – today – began like a normal school day with the Buenas Dias in the gymnasiam performed by the Seniors this time, which meant it involved more than the usual Buenas Dias and lasted until 11:30, at which point the busses had been waiting for ½ hour to take the students home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool

-melissa