Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Day Alone

Today has been my first day teaching classes alone. Conveniently, the two classes I am most worried about (8th and 9th grade) had tests today, so that went really well.

There is one student in 9th grade who clearly does not like that we require everyone to write the homework in their notebooks, whether or not they have a book. (not all the students have books) Every day she has some argument or other and today was no different. Today, she also took it upon herself to approach me while I had started the review of the test and explain a "better" way to do the review. I am very proud of myself because I responded very patiently and showed her quickly that the next section of the test I had planned on reviewing in the manner she suggested. She seemed a bit annoyed that I was not going to change what I was doing at the time, but then, I need help translating, not teaching.

No comments: