Saturday, February 7, 2009

Rumbling

Maybe there´s something to be said about those little clouds floating around in the sky - that they really do indicate earthquakes. Last night, at 3:30 in the morning, I woke up to an earthquake. It was big enough to wake me up, but it then stopped, I quickly fell back asleep and completely forgot about it until this morning when the sisters asked me if I felt the earthquake. Then I remembered.

Maybe those little clouds are actually puffs of smoke from a volcano and hence a frontrunner to the rumbling coming. I don´t know, it´s a thought, I can´t figure how clouds are connected to earthquakes. I´ll have to look that up.

At any rate, today the sisters, Solidea, and I are heading out to a house by the ocean for a retreat day. There should be a pool and hammocks which S. Olinda said we can utilize after lunch, when the retreat is done. Sounds good to me. I could use a day of reflection - and I made a point not to bring anything related to lesson planning. (I almost packed it, but then decided not to.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good grief..an earthquake!!, add that to the list of things that you've slept through..first a fire alarm at apple ridge and now an earthquake...wish i slept that soundly, but i suppose someone out there has to save the rest of you deep sleepers. well, this is what you felt (and slept through). this website it's a bunch of science mumbo jumbo http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2009cuan.php#details

~Sara

Tanya said...

Your first earthquake! I remember my first earthquake. It was at about 1 in the morning. It seems like they are always late at night or early in the morn. I remember promptly falling back asleep as well.

Karina said...

Hey! I did wake up, then I sensed that the danger has passed and deemed it safe to sleep again, which I did. :p No need to lose sleep over these things.