Wednesday, April 29, 2009

High for the Day

When I say high, I mean the temperature. Today we reached a new high in the classroom during one of our afternoon classes: 95 degrees, and if possible, it felt hotter, but maybe that's just the polyester talking.

On the positive side, the pants I am wearing today are grey like the pants of our uniform, but are not, in fact, the pants of my uniform. So, they are made of a lighter material and not nearly as hot. Why did I buy these pants? Quite by "accident", I destroyed the first pair while ironing them. Our iron here has a hidden talent of leaving behind black sticky goo when it gets heated up nice and hot. While ironing my pants, I went to place the iron on the pants and realized immediately that the goo had emerged and quickly pulled the iron away! Alas, the goo had already gone to work on my pants, and within seconds the hot, sticky mass had melted and fused with the polyester of my pants leaving a hard and shiny blob. Observe. Feels like sand paper.


3 comments:

Isidore Bard said...

I thought it was a tarantula when I saw the picture! I pray for you all the time Karina- I hope we can talk again soon!
-Dcn. Mike

Carrie Sue said...

I had an iron in college that did the same thing, but never so large a blob of goo!

Erin O'Connor said...

hmmmm...so you "accidently" destroy the pants that you disliked and "coincidently" bought identical non-polyester ones, eh? Sounds like a convenient occurance! Black sticky goo...hmmm...maybe someone used the iron to tar a roof or something!