Friday, September 25, 2009

Busy Birthday

Birthdays are a busy business here.

In the morning at the breakfast table there was a small gift and flowers for me and all the Sisters sang 3 different versions of Happy Birthday.

There was a school wide mass that morning (very nice way to start my birthday!) and afterwards the whole school sang 3 different versions of Happy Birthday for me - while I stood up in front - and then they sang the chicken dance, while I danced. This is not the same as our chicken dance, but it does involve shaking of the butt. :)

Shortly after that all the teachers and workers of the school had a quick meeting with Sor Silvia (inspector from Rome - awesome lady) where everyone once again sang Happy Birthday to me.

I fielded a few birthday phone calls and in the process missed half of one class. When I got to the class they all sang Happy Birthday to me - 3 different versions.

We had cake for lunch! Sydney came to visit and say Happy Birthday, then the Interna´s scolded me because they thought my birthday was on the 27th and were going to serenade me in the morning - which apparently is a tradition for birthdays. I told them to do it today, but they wanted it to be a surprise, so they may or may not do that later.

I even had a heart to heart with my insufferable interna Cecibel - we both felt better after that. :)

What a good day!

No comments: