Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Goodbye Solidea

It´s finally happening: Solidea is leaving. Tomorrow.

I do believe it has taken all this time for the reality to sink in for me. I woke up in a bad mood and couldn´t figure out why since I had such a great time playing guitar and singing with Gina last night, but I soon realized I was sad because Solidea is leaving tomorrow.

I have spent the last nine months doing everything with her. We lived together, worked together, and took vacations together. We were united in that we were foreigners trying to adapt to a new way of life and commiserating over the differences. When one of us had a problem, the other helped fix it, we were each others confidant, and even when we made friends at the beach, we were always loyal to each other first. I´m losing my best friend here, and it hurts.

Sometimes I wonder if we would have become friends if we had met under different circumstances where we weren´t sharing the same experience. We are rather different one from the other, and perhaps our situation has made us more accepting of differences, but either way, we have had a ball together. I hope and pray for the best for her as she returns to Italy.

No comments: