Monday, September 14, 2009

Recap

Ok - Saturday, very boring until late afternoon when I took some Interna´s to the dance competition at the Don Bosco School. It´s a group dance competition between schools, so our school had a dance troupe there as well. The experience was fun and very educational . . . about sex. How do these girls not know what sex is? Clearly, if they don´t know, they have never been to a dance competition. Between the wild gyrations of the body, humping of the floor, and over exaggerated body rolls (all of which were in almost every dance routine)the message ¨Have Sex¨ comes though pretty clearly.

Sunday - Went to mass here at the school then hopped on a bus to Santa Ana to meet up with Sydney and Molly for a lunch date. I made it successfully to Santa Ana, asked someone how to get to our meeting place, and went there. How good am I? Considering last time I completely missed the city and ended up almost crossing the border into Guatemala several miles away , I think my traveling skills have improved considerably!

Lunch was great! I miss talking to those two. Jason, the new volunteer couldn´t come because he went out with the Father´s from his school for the day. We ate a Torta Loca - the word HUGE describes it best. Picture my head. Now picture a sandwich bigger around than my head. So happy we decided to split it between the 3 of us because there was enough for 4. Made it back to the school by 4 with plenty of sunlight left in the day and still full from lunch. :)

1 comment:

Isidore Bard said...

Poor Don Bosco turning over in his grave! Let him rest in peace, wildly dancing internas!