Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Angels

Last night was a moving night for me. One of the girls of the Internado asked my advice about dating after she clarified that I am really religious and so I could give advice to help her with her situation. I asked another girl if she was sick because she had been unusually quiet that night. She confessed that she wasn't sick and was having family problems and asked if she could talk to me later. After dinner I found her sitting on a bench, so I joined her and she explained she had been told that afternoon that her parents are getting a divorce.

I feel so bad for her and the worst is that there is nothing I can do. She explained everything that had happened that day and began to cry, so I just hugged her as much as I could. I told her that whatever she feels, it isn't her fault. Today I gave her a little stone angel (thanks Deb and Jim!) with the words "I will never leave you." I told her I pray every day to God to send an angel to watch over and take care of her and this is her reminder that He is always with her. With a beautiful smile of appreciation she gave me a hug.

I love these girls!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's precious!!! u r a good teacher :)