Monday, June 29, 2009

Good News/Bad News

The Bad news is that we have one confirmed case of the swine flu at our school. A 4th grader tested positive yesterday. I have absolutely no contact with the 4th graders, so I'm hoping the Sister's who have classes with them don't get sick. Until then, no one can touch me. :)

On the positive side, because there was a confirmed case at the school absolutely no meetings of any kind can be held. The students can not come in to pick up their homework, the teachers can not come in for our planning session, the parents can not come in for parent-teacher conferences this Saturday. So Solidea and I asked (I'm sure you can guess) to go to the beach starting Wednesday and through the weekend. Sor Marg. Guillen didn't even hesitate, she knew we would ask, and agreed right away!!!!!!!! I'm excited. Really though, there's nothing we can do here. I'm just going to call El Tunco my second home. There, I'll be staying in my second home until July 5th. I will celebrate the 4th of July there. I need to buy a flag so I can wave it on July 4th. This independence day I am going to stand up for Independence - I'm going to stand up while surfing!

1 comment:

Erin O'Connor said...

I am more happy for the good news than I am sad for the bad news! And I'm glad they are letting you leave!! I can only imagine how crazy you'd have become if you couldn't leave the compound at all. Isn't Sor Marg. the not-so-nice one? If so, I'm surprised she agreed so quickly.

Have fun hanging with your honey! And happy INDEPENDENCE DAY! (The word independence will probably have a much bigger meaning for you than previous years!)

Erin