Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Keys

I´m happy to report that my tendency to lock myself out of places has not changed. Monday, after myself and two other sisters went to pick Solidea up from the airport (yea!) I went to my room to sleep. I had an armful of notebooks to correct and put those on the desk in my room, then walked out while talking to one of the Interna´s.

Shortly after closing the door I checked my pocket for the keys (nervous habit). They weren´t there. Oh dear, they were inside my room. There is no way to open the door except for the key, there´s not even a doorknob. So, I was locked out of my room and I already knew there was no copy of the key.

I told Sor about my predicament and from there commenced the Great Unlocking of My Bedroom Door. You see, the walls of my bedroom do not actually meet the ceiling, there is about a foot gap. Big enough for an Interna to squeeze through, but unfortunately, the drop to the floor is more than the girls were willing to fall/jump. So, a long stick was recruited and a ladder. One of the girls climbed the ladder, I held the ladder, and she fished out the keys from the room with the stick.

I know what you´re thinking, ¨Karina, why weren´t you on the ladder fishing out your keys?¨ Well, that´s what I thought too, but Sor was in charge of this operation, and what she says goes, so that´s what we did. Took an hour. Phew! I didn´t correct any notebooks that night and am going to look for a place to make a copy of the key next time I´m out.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

HAHAHAHAHA!
I have a good story about locking myself out of my apartment here after returning from a vacation.
I'll try and remember to post it. ; )

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! You do have quite a knack for it. Remember shortly after we moved into our apartment and you got locked INSIDE your bedroom and had to call me on your cell phone to let you out? Granted, it was the door's fault, but still! Good times:)

Karina said...

I do remember that Erin! How funny! And then there was the time I went running without the apt. keys and you left for a dinner while I was out, so I was locked out of the apartment without a phone asking our neighbors to borrow theirs. Ah, good times.
Though it doesn´t beat the time I locked myself out of my first apartment and crawled in through the window. Oh, there´s too many of these stories to write here.

Anonymous said...

that is really funny. you should have taken pictures :)

-melissa aho

Karina said...

Melissa - couldn't, camera was in the bedroom. :)