Friday, October 23, 2009

Liturgical Dance

I don´t think I ever mentioned this, but we have liturgical dancers at the school. Isn´t that awesome! I remembered today because we had mass this morning and between the first reading and the Gospel, 6 girls danced up the aisle for a short song. They wore petal shaped skirts of different pastel colors with a matching ribbon in their hair. With graceful arcs and steps they flowed to the front of the congregation where they completed their dance. This isn´t the first time they´ve danced, just the first time I thought to mention it.

Haven´t we all wanted to be liturgical dancers at some point in our life?

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I can honestly say no. No I haven't to that rhetorical question.

Matt and Janelle said...

Yes!!!! Most definately :). That is so awesome. The girls here would love it, they are so into dancing. That is so cool that you put your blog up on your sidebar! I feel so special. Sending a big hug and a prayer. Much love, Janelle

Karina said...

Most definitely your blog is linked from mine. Because you ARE special! ;)