Friday, October 2, 2009

Short on Time

There is only a month left of school! Wow. When did that happen?

With the new volunteers here I am showing them all around school, how to wash clothes, when meals are, coordinating time with the internas, showing them how to do Buenas Noches with the girls, explaining meal times, and taking them outside the school as well to the post office and supermarkets. I´m still teaching all my classes and there is always a volunteer with me now to learn how the classrooms and school system works since they may be teaching next year. This has been nice because now I have help grading again! :)

The girls, Jodi and Gina, are really nice and fun to be around, but I still miss Solidea.

We also talked about Visa´s today. The girls are debating applying for a residency visa. They know it would be a lot of paperwork and they are going to travel with their parents to Costa Rica around Christmas - which is right at the end of their 3 month visa. So they would be renewed for another 3 months starting in January. Then they would only have to leave one more time before they head home in July, or they could remain in the country illegally until July. I told them it would be cheaper to remain illegally, but then they can´t travel outside the country.

So we´ll see what they decide.

No comments: