Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WIND!

It is officially the windy season here in El Salvador. I can even tell you that it started at 9:57pm Sunday, the 18th of October. That is when a really strong blast of wind ripped through my bedroom. This would not be so unusual if a fairly large and loud thunderstorm then followed, but the amount of rain and noise was not proportional to the strength of the wind.

Since then, the wind has not stopped. Slamming doors abound on the campus and I remember that it was windy when I first came here as well. So I guess the wind will last for about 3-4 months.

Oh, and it´s ¨cold¨ now too! Last night I wore my pajama pants, put socks on, and wished for a second blanket. It got down to 73 degrees! Just goes to show what constant heat will do to a person. Yeah, pretty sure I´m going to turn into a Popsicle when I get home!

And last but not least - I purchased my plane ticket home yesterday! It felt very nice. It is for the 17th of November. I plan to travel to the coast of Honduras the week prior to leaving and learn how to scuba dive off the coral reef there. :) And I´m taking the new volunteers with me! We´ll have a grand time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should bring your long johns,too,when I pick you up. What color popsicle would you be?
love, MOM

Karina said...

Orange. I always pick orange. They´re the best!

Anonymous said...

what are your plans for when you come home? We miss you in the cold tundra of the UP!!

-melissa a